Friday, May 29, 2015

No Longer Lost

Today we spent more money than I would have liked treating a dog in our household for a painful but treatable condition.  After paying the veterinarian, I entertained the fanciful wish that Obama Care would cover pets, even though I know it is our responsibility to care for this faithful and loving dog.  The stewardship given to the first man, Adam, still applies today.  So I write this trying to come to peace with the latest hit to our bank account.  This former pound puppy is truly well worth the cost. 
I'm thankful that Jesus didn't measure my worth when He went to the cross to redeem my soul.  He did it for love.  In a way we are all pound puppies who've been brought into the Master's household.  No longer lost, no longer orphans, we are sons and daughters of the King.
Orphan Girl - Gillian Welch 

No comments:

Post a Comment