Thursday, May 7, 2015

Tough Love Moms


Proverbs 22:6 English Standard Version (ESV)

6 Train up a child in the way he should go;
    even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Summer is here for the young man who's been living in a dorm, but doesn't want to be blogged about; and he'll soon be living in my house again.  I'm looking forward to it but I suspect the happiest one in our house will be his dog.
I do know, when summer ends, I'll have to practice tough love on myself if not my son, who will likely be willing and possibly glad to return to college.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll be glad too?  Not his dog, however, he'll be happy if his boy never grows up or if dogs can live in dorms.  He'll have to settle for a summer of joy; and, for all of us, it will be enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment