Thursday, September 20, 2012

God Bless America


2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

My husband told me of a letter to the editor written after the political parties' conventions were over.   The writer was struck by all the times "God bless America" was so casually tossed out like one might say "Have a nice day."  Did we really expect God to bless America when what was demonstrated was contrary to God's word and contrary to our founding fathers?  The writer then suggested that we would be better off praying for God to have mercy on America.  We have both a just and merciful God.  I fear justice and desire mercy for this country I love.   If both come from God's hand, then we are blessed.

"God Bless America" - The Gaither Vocal Band
  

No comments:

Post a Comment