Saturday, September 22, 2012

Grandpa's Legacy


Because this photo made me think of a sister, actually all of my sisters, I had to upload it to this blog.  We sure did love Grandpa's cows!   Grandpa, though, always had jerseys because he thought their milk richer and better.  I have an early memory of standing next to a sister as we watched him lock his cows into their stanchions.  We were peeking through a crack and a knothole in the barn because we were not allowed in until the cows were secure.   Watching him move among the large beasts, I thought he was the bravest man in the world.   Maybe, he was.   He was certainly the hardest working man I knew.  He was funny and loving.  He treated his bride like a queen.  He was faithful in all that was laid before him, the trials as well as the joys.  I can only pray that I will be as faithful.   Now as I remember him, Heaven is dearer to me.

"I Wonder What They're Doing In Heaven Today" - The Forbes Family




No comments:

Post a Comment