Monday, September 17, 2012

Love In The Details

Rembrandt - The Jewish Wedding

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her





I was touched by this painting of the wedding couple but I was amazed by the detail captured in the hands.  It may be the most romantic image I've ever seen.  Friends of ours, a long married couple, came to mind.   The husband has been sending daily updates in a group email of the wife's journey through the shadowlands.  I've seen their love in the details of his prayer requests.  They truly are one flesh as his wife's sufferings have become his.  Urgent prayer is needed yet tonight.   In all this the couple has been making a decision to choose joy,  trusting in God in all things.   He sees the details in our lives as well as the big picture.   Such love!  Jesus is our Bridegroom.

"I Let Myself Fall" - Rosie Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment