Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hanging On By a Fringe





Job 2:10 (NIV)

He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.


I'll never have the faith of patience of Job.  I'm a foolish woman who rebels against every bit of trouble that comes my way.   I didn't want to lose my home to foreclosure and move to this little house under the weeping willow tree.   I didn't want a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, a disease with no known cause or no known cure.  I didn't want my sister to have cancer.   I even wept when my precious macbook died!  (I may have forever lost the goofy picture of the young man who lives in my house but doesn't want to be blogged about, a picture I was hoping to show to my grandchildren.)  It's so hard to count gain when I'm subtracting loss, and I'm weary of God's refining fire.  Still, I know God is good and his character is unchanging.  In his economy nothing is wasted and every loss will be redeemed.   If my desperate faith finds me hanging on by the fringe of His garment, maybe that's where I belong, at the feet of Jesus.


"Where I Belong" - Lisa Gungor


No comments:

Post a Comment