Sunday, May 26, 2013

Gripped By Love


Romans 14:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

The images of survivors being rescued from the Moore, Oklahoma tornado are still fresh in my mind, especially the one of a mother, standing among the wreckage, cradling her daughter who may have seemed too big for that prior to the disaster.  I wept over the story of the two little girls, best friends, who died clutching each other as the tornado took their precious lives.  I have to believe that God is much like that mother with her daughter and that we're never too big of a burden for Him to carry.  I also have to believe that those two girls were never out of God's hands as well.  I believe in faith that God takes care of his children, even though I may not fully realize this truth this side of Heaven.  We are never lost to Him.

Rheumatoid arthritis has affected my grip, by attacking the joints in my hands.  My hands have weakened and there are some things I just can't hold anymore.  The only thing that I can hold onto for dear life is my Heavenly Father's love for me.  Thankfully it is He who does the holding.  
"One Thing Remains" - Passion


No comments:

Post a Comment