Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Joy of My Father


Romans 8:17-19
New International Version (NIV)
17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Present Suffering and Future Glory

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.

Romans 14:11
New International Version (NIV)
11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will acknowledge God.’”[a]

Yes, there will be a day when I shall bow before my God; but it will be a bow of reverence and honor done out of love for the One who loves me so,  the One who has adopted me as His very own.  I am a child of the true King; and, although I share now in His sufferings, I have the certain hope of sharing in His glory.  We, who know Jesus as Savior, also know the Father and the Spirit.  The veil has been torn.  We will all meet one day face to face.  We are His joy and He is ours.
"Your Joy" - Josh Fox



No comments:

Post a Comment