Monday, May 6, 2013

My God, My Treasure

Farm child - Dorthea Lange
Her family was resettled on the Bosque Farms project, New Mexico 

Matthew 6:20-21
New International Version (NIV)
20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


This child from America's Dust Bowl migration, perched on a trunk of her family's meager possessions, remind me that the things I hold so dear matter little in the light of eternity.   I hope that she lived a good life bringing honor to the generations that proceeded her in the picture hanging on her wall.  I hope that she prospered and had her own happy home one day.  Most of all I hope that she found the joy and peace that comes from knowing Jesus as her Savior.    
Sometimes our hands have to be emptied so that Jesus can fill them.   We can then lift up those unencumbered hands in praise for the One who is our all in all, our true treasure.  He is enough. I pray for joy in your journey and the blessed assurance that this world is not our home.
"This World is Not My Home" - Blue Highway






No comments:

Post a Comment