Saturday, May 4, 2013

My God of Every Season


Psalm 5:11-12
New International Version (NIV)
11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
    let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
    that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
12 Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous;
    you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Psalm 51:8
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
8 [a]Make me to hear joy and gladness,
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.

I'll never frolic like this again, if I ever did, on this side of eternity, because my rheumatic joints will rebel; but I can still get a excited about a beautiful sunny day in this often gray, northwest corner of the country.  The sunshine following the rain is always a reason to celebrate, as it should be in all aspects of our lives.  We will go through seasons in life and not all of them pleasant, but the light of God has pierced the darkness.  Rejoice and be glad.  We will all yet dance.
"I Will Dance" - Phil Driscoll

No comments:

Post a Comment