Thursday, May 16, 2013

My God's Hands and Feet


1 Peter 5:6-7
New International Version (NIV)
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.


Revelation 21:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The pain of rheumatoid arthritis makes me very aware of my hands and feet, actually most of my joints.  I've been to a couple of family gatherings recently.  I couldn't help but notice my sister, who also has rheumatoid arthritis, walk like I walk.  So that's what I look like!  We both have that rheumatoid arthritis shuffle.  
On another day I sat across the table from another family member who is very ill.  His eyes were weeping from allergies, but his hands were too weak to wipe away his own tears.  It made me think of what a caring, intimate and loving act it is to wipe away someone's tears, and that is what my God promises He will do.  
I pray that I will be the hands and feet of Jesus here on earth as it will be in Heaven.  
"Your Hands" - JJ Heller


No comments:

Post a Comment