Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Contagious Courage

2 Peter 3:3-4
English Standard Version (ESV)
3 knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4 They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”
Mark 16:15
English Standard Version (ESV)
15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
1 Corinthians 16:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
1 Corinthians 1:23
New International Version (NIV)
23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
I don't think I'm very courageous; and if I'm called to be, it would only be by the power of God that I would be so.  This morning I was taken aback by a comment on one of my slide shows of a gospel hymn.  Someone called me out on the fact that I put one image of Jesus on the cross in the video.  They thought it out of place and defended the singer's right to be an agnostic.  Rather than defend the images, I thanked the viewer for commenting.  Sometimes I just don't like to fight.   I'm also not sure the cross needs defending.  It's the greatest event in mankind's history and a mystery so wondrous that even angels long to look; and, try as you might, the cross cannot be ignored.  I prayed for the viewer and I continue to pray for the singer.  God knows their spiritual state.  He also knows mine.  I'm not going to take my Jesus out of one of His songs.  
"Give Me Jesus" - Northland Church


No comments:

Post a Comment