Sunday, February 16, 2014

Breath to Praise

Psalm 150
New International Version (NIV)
Psalm 150
1 Praise the Lord.[a]
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power;
    praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
    praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
    praise him with the strings and pipe,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
    praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

Hebrews 13:15
New International Version (NIV)

15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.
Maybe it's because Obama Care has made my asthma medicine unaffordable, that I've been thinking about breathing lately.  My new state health care is requiring proof that I need to take the medicine that I've been taking for the last seven or eight years.  So while I am waiting breathlessly on paperwork,  I'm most definitely considering the gift of breathing.  Is it just me, or does it seem like nearly every image of someone praising God has them out in the middle of a field with their hands raised in rapturous worship; and, if not a field then the top of a mountain?    If I tried either, I'd be an allergic, asthmatic mess likely soon to be headed to an ER for breathing treatment.  Then there would be the problem of the dancing and playing musical instruments.  Between the untreated asthma and my rheumatoid arthritis, I really can't blow a trumpet or dance.  It may not be pretty, but I'll have to just do what I can do.  So as I am and where I am I will praise God with every ragged breath He gives me knowing I am blessed.  
"Praise Him" -Shane & Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment