Monday, February 17, 2014

A Shout Out to My Favorite President...

1 Timothy 2:1-2
New International Version (NIV)
2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
Proverbs 29:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice;
    when the wicked rule, the people groan.
…on President's Day.  In the eighth grade at Roosevelt Junior High no less (We were the Roosevelt Teddies.) my history teacher broke the class up into groups and assigned a period of American history to each group.  We were to totally immerse ourselves in the assigned period to culminate in a class presentation.  My group got the Roosevelt years and I'm been a fan ever since.  He was totally cool, carrying around that big stick.  I understand now that he was also an ardent Christian.  It's good when a righteous man holds the office of the President, but it's really good when the righteous pray for their President.  It's always better to rejoice than groan. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment