Tuesday, February 18, 2014

All Creatures Great and Small

Proverbs 12:10
New Living Translation (NLT)
10 The godly care for their animals,
    but the wicked are always cruel.
Sometimes I think my biggest work in this life is to care of the animals under my roof.  Today I hung out one town over with the young man who lives in our house but doesn't want to be blogged about while his dog was being groomed. Sheared might be a better word for it.  He went from looking like an old dust mop to a shorn lamb.   He wasn't happy going in but he looks pretty pleased now, especially since he can lick himself in places the fur had covered.  We have a cat who seems to have grown senile in her old age.  She cries frequently and with great alarm until someone comes to be with her.  I suspect she doesn't do this when we're out of the house, but when we're home she's like a wailing car alarm that someone, usually me, needs to shut off.  I call her my little Clingon.  My husband's dog, a rescue dog, has never quite gotten over her earlier life and I think she'll always be a little skittish over any unexpected noise and, unfortunately, I make unexpected noises, feeling just terrible when I see her jump.    When we moved into this house of the level path we pleaded for and were granted the right to keep our pets for their natural lives.  I feel sad for those who were also foreclosed on during the great recession and had to give up their pets.  Much like the lost home, it's a responsibility, once taken on, that no one wants to fail.  So today I'm thankful for our landlord that has given shelter to both my family and our livestock.  
All Things Bright and Beautiful, John Rutter

No comments:

Post a Comment