Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Of the Sea, Wind and Birds in Flight

Matthew 11:28-30
The Message (MSG)
28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
John 3:8
English Standard Version (ESV)
8 The wind[a] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
Psalm 136:6
English Standard Version (ESV)
6 to him who spread out the earth above the waters,
    for his steadfast love endures forever;
Psalm 55:6
English Standard Version (ESV)
6 And I say, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
    I would fly away and be at rest;
I uploaded Brian Doerksen's song, "Enter the Rest of God" in an effort to define for myself what are God's unforced rhythms of grace.  It seemed to come together in a combination of the wind, the sea and birds in flight, all better appreciated than understood…much like grace.  
Enter The Rest of God - Brian Doerksen


No comments:

Post a Comment