Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Panting Thirst

Psalm 42:1-2
New International Version (NIV)
1 As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?
Psalm 63:1
New International Version (NIV)
1 You, God, are my God,
    earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
    my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
    where there is no water.
John 4:13-14
New International Version (NIV)
13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Revelation 22:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.
Some years ago, my husband and I were moved into a second floor Dallas apartment in the middle of a hot Texas August a long way from the Pacific Northwest.  I developed a raving thirst; and before we had emptied the U-Haul, I thought I'd certainly be crushed by the heat and not live to see a second day in Dallas.  Well I wasn't crushed and we did live, actually becoming more acclimated to the heat the longer we were there.  Spiritual neglect can accomplish the same thing in a Christian's life.  We get used to it and our thirst subsides.  I never want to become acclimated to living without Jesus.  May I always drink from the water of life. 
Come And Listen, David Crowder Band




No comments:

Post a Comment