Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Arms to Lean On

Deuteronomy 33:27a
New International Version (NIV)
27 The eternal God is your refuge,
    and underneath are the everlasting arms.
A loving father taught me that my Heavenly Father is also good and loving, one with strong arms that would hold me fast, a trustworthy God.  It takes so little really, dads, to model God for your children.  I have a clear memory of my very young self sitting on my Dad's lap in church and being enthralled by a father so talented at twiddling his thumbs.  He could do that and so much more.  It was a beautiful day today, reminding me of how Dad would say we were living in God's country.  I do believe, though, that as long as I was in my father's household, I was in God's country indeed.  
Leaning On the Everlasting Arms - Iris Dement

No comments:

Post a Comment