Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Of Heaven's Reunions and Faithful Dogs


1 Corinthians 2:9
English Standard Version (ESV)
9 But, as it is written,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
    nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him”—
I'm listening to pitiful sounds coming from the dog who belongs to the young man who lives in our house but doesn't want to be blogged about.  This dog has been left behind tonight, for his own good, but that is beyond his understanding.  He's leaning so close to the door where he last saw him that should he return suddenly, he won't miss him.  Because this dog loves my son so thoroughly I also love the dog and will suffer his great longing and moaning. Life will begin again when He is at last reunited with his master.  This little creature so often reminds me of how I should be longing for my Lord's return that I'd like to believe there will be dogs in Heaven, and that will be a glad reunion day.  
"Heaven Song" - Phil Wickham




No comments:

Post a Comment