Sunday, April 20, 2014

He Lives!

Galatians 2:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
John 14:23
English Standard Version (ESV)
23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
Zephaniah 3:17
English Standard Version (ESV)
17 The Lord your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
    he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
A favorite Easter hymn from my youth to today is "I Serve A Risen Savior" or as some would call it, "He Lives!"  It was written by Alfred Henry Ackley, a 20th Century composer of Gospel music.  Alan Jackson sings it without any embellishments just like I learned it decades ago.  Yes, I know He lives.  He lives within my heart.
Alan Jackson - He Lives


No comments:

Post a Comment