Monday, April 21, 2014

Jesus Who Saves


John 3:13
English Standard Version (ESV)
13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[a]

Revelation 22:1-5
English Standard Version (ESV)
The River of Life
22 Then the angel[a] showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life[b] with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants[c] will worship him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

1 Corinthians 2:9
English Standard Version (ESV)
9 But, as it is written,
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
    nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him”—
Romans 14:11
New International Version (NIV)
11 It is written:
“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will acknowledge God.’”[a]
We will all see Jesus one day, even those of us who don't acknowledge His existence or His lordship here on earth.  We will all bend our knees in His presence, whether it be in great joy and wonder or fear and terror.  How terrible for those who meet Him in a unrepentant state.  How sad for those who won't share in His glory.  May I never take for granted the saving grace my Jesus has extended to me.  May I never be content to enter Heaven without bringing others with me.  May I never be a stingy Christian.  May I be as good, just and merciful with others as Christ has been with me.  
Starfield-The Saving One



No comments:

Post a Comment