Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Father's Fields

Faces of the World
National Geographic
John 4:35
New International Version (NIV)
35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
Matthew 9:37-38
King James Version (KJV)
37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
1 Corinthians 15:54
English Standard Version (ESV)
54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:
“Death is swallowed up in victory.”

It's an easy search on the internet to find images of children or pretty young women frolicking in a field of flowers or golden barley.  It's probably why I so enjoy this picture of Bulgarian women in a lavender field.  These are working women, not girls at play; and they are lovely.  Such I should also be in my Lord's fields.  One day when I put on my imperishable garments I will run and dance in my Father's fields.  Until that day there's still much to be done.  
Fields of Grace (Acoustic) - Big Daddy Weave 


No comments:

Post a Comment