Saturday, April 5, 2014

Ancient of Days

Medieval Irish Church Ruin
Daniel 7:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Hebrews 4:16
English Standard Version (ESV)
16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Psalm 25:6-9
English Standard Version (ESV)
6 Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love,
    for they have been from of old.
7 Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
    according to your steadfast love remember me,
    for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!
8 Good and upright is the Lord;
    therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
9 He leads the humble in what is right,
    and teaches the humble his way.
It's good for me to be reminded that my God is the Ancient of Days and that He existed long before I first learned of Him in Sunday School and family devotions.  He is from everlasting to everlasting, mysterious and unsearchable. Just as He didn't begin when I entered this life, he will continue to be long after I leave it.  I don't know how much of Himself he will reveal to me in eternity, but I'm confident it will be just what I need to know.  How amazing is His love us!  What a great mercy!  
ANÚNA : "Miserere Miseris" arr. Michael McGlynn
Have mercy on the suffering, fount of mercy You bore the glorious prince in your great mercy 
Greatest of our race 
The new ark of the convenant 
And the dawn of grace
Have mercy on the suffering, fount of mercy 
You bore the glorious prince in your great mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment