Thursday, May 1, 2014

Blind But Now I See

Ron Gerelli - A little blind girl kneels in the grass clutching a baby chick in her hands. Express/Getty Images. 3rd July, 1952. S)
John 9:25
New International Version (NIV)
25 He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!”
John 9:30-33
New International Version (NIV)
30 The man answered, “Now that is remarkable! You don’t know where he comes from, yet he opened my eyes. 31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will. 32 Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind. 33 If this man were not from God, he could do nothing.”
Jesus did heal the blind man but it speaks to me of a worse blindness, a lack of spiritual sight.  The Pharisees wanted the once blind man to acknowledge Jesus as a sinner, because He healed the man on the Sabbath.  They understood the law but had no heart knowledge of grace.  They were the ones who were truly blind.  
I have other motives for writing about grace.  I just watched a YouTube video of the men's group, Celtic Thunder, singing "Amazing Grace."   Because I fell in love with my husband while he was a member of a seminary men's chorale, I will forever love the sound of men's voices singing our Lord's music.
Celtic Thunder - Amazing Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment