Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I'll Fly Away

1 Thessalonians 4:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
It's been a warm, muggy day, so my husband and I took his dog down to the beach.  As they were walking I settled myself on a log and took this picture of the sun setting, feeling very one with nature as I did so.  Then the dog ran towards me and tried to leap over my log.  We thought she was cute until we saw the dead sea lion behind it.  She wanted to roll in it!  Aaagggghhhh!  There's a reason why dogs are dogs.  The poor sea lion had no dignity in death.  I thought the beach was a little pungent tonight but was enjoying the sunset and the cruise ship gliding by.  I won't take a cruise ship out of this life, but one day I'll fly away.  
I'll Fly Away - Willie Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment