Saturday, May 31, 2014

Today I Am Thankful...

Proverbs 31:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
..for permanent press and wash and wear clothing.  I remember looking forward to my mother setting up the ironing board because it was my chance to watch the soap operas with her, although she probably thought I was just playing quietly at her feet and not following the TV as closely as I did.   My joy over ironing day faded when she taught me how to iron.  Now I pull laundry out of the dryer, shake it out and declare it close enough.  We all know how to iron clothes in my household and will do so only when necessary, and because of this,  I have saved my family from becoming soap opera addicts.  There ought to be a Proverbs 31 verse for that.  
Contestants ironing in the "Mrs America 1954" competition

No comments:

Post a Comment