Tuesday, May 6, 2014

On Being A Lamb


Psalm 100:3
New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;[a]
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
John 17:15-18
English Standard Version (ESV)
15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.[a] 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them[b] in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.
Colossians 3:10
English Standard Version (ESV)
10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.
John 10:27
New King James Version (NKJV)
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
As the youngest daughter, I carefully watched my mother and my older sisters to learn the ways of women; and I'm still watching them.  As they are all godly women, they continue to inspire me, and teach me and lead me.  I was and still am the lamb in that flock and together we are all sheep in our Shepherd's pasture.  I pray that we will faithfully follow His voice as He leads us Home.  
Lamb of God - Eden's Bridge 

I was so lost I should have died
But you have brought me to
your side
To be led by your staff and rod
And to be called a Lamb of God
Twila Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment