Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Battlefield Shepherds

Chaplain William E. King baptizes Pvt. Leo Daniel Fagan, on the Anzio beachhead in Italy during World War II. Both were members of the 45th Infantry Division.

Psalm 143:8-10 English Standard Version (ESV)

8 Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
    for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go,
    for to you I lift up my soul.
9 Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord!
    I have fled to you for refuge.[a]
10 Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God!
Let your good Spirit lead me
    on level ground!

Because I found myself with time to do so today, I uploaded a song, a prayer really, from Les Miserables sung by Michael Phelps, "Bring Him Home."  It seemed good to honor our military chaplains this Veterans Day.  For every soul these shepherds of the battlefield lead to the Savior does come home, home to Jesus.  So until that day when there are no more wars, we pray to God to bring them home.  


1 comment: