Sunday, November 16, 2014

Thankfully, Too Old to Die Young


2 Corinthians 4:16 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self[a] is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.

Psalm 92:12-14English Standard Version (ESV)
12 The righteous flourish like the palm tree
    and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 They are planted in the house of the Lord;
    they flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They still bear fruit in old age;
    they are ever full of sap and green,

Psalm 71:18 English Standard Version (ESV)
18 So even to old age and gray hairs,
    O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
    your power to all those to come.

I like this picture of this young lady because she looks like someone I'd know from school.  I hope she's had a happy and fruitful life, because like me, she'd now be too old to die young.  I qualify for senior discounts, for pete's sake!  When did we all get so old?  It's all good, really, because I find myself focused on making God famous rather than me, as was the hope of my youthful dreams.    (I've never driven that red sport convertible nor had the income to hire a maid.  Sigh.)  The older I've gotten the more I want God to be known now and to the generations that follow.  I found a video of Evie Karlsson, formerly Evie Tornquist, singing.  She's not the little blonde sweetheart I remember from my youth, as she's all grown up, a beautiful, mature woman of God.  It's nice to see her again.  We may be too old to die young, but not too old to bear fruit.  

I Shall See You Soon Again [Live]

No comments:

Post a Comment