Saturday, August 15, 2015

Loving the Prickly

Luke 6:32 English Standard Version (ESV)
32 “If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.

John 15:10-12 New International Version (NIV)
10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

Philippians 4:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

It seems like not a day passes without the challenge to love a prickly person.  It's so common to the human condition that our very wise Savior made it a command not a request, and provided the strength to obey it.  I need to remember this so that I'm not the prickly person in someone else's day.  Remain in his love and his love remains.  If little Sara, age 4, can sing this truth, then I can too.
A Day in the Life of Autism: Sara, age 4



No comments:

Post a Comment