Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Safely Sleeping

The Child of the Regiment (detail) - John Everett Millais 1855

Matthew 11:28-29 New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

A friend responded to a Facebook post of mine with a short series of nonsensical letters.  When I admitted I just didn't understand her post, she responded that she had fallen asleep with her home in her hand.  I'm very sleepy right now, still tired from the trip to take our young man back to college.  I think I'd better quite while this post can still be read.  May you all sleep in safety, covered by your Savior's battle jacket.  

No comments:

Post a Comment