Thursday, August 13, 2015

My God, My Strength and Portion

Psalm 73:26 by Little-Seed on Flickr

Psalm 16:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

It took a coworker's paper cut today to realize that I walk by the first aid kit and portable heart defibrillator hanging on a wall every work day without paying it any attention.  I'm so used to seeing it that I don't see it.  I hope that I'll now remember where it is in an emergency and hope that someone else will also remember if it should be my own emergency.  Although I may get so used to seeing God that I don't see Him, it does reassure me to know that God always sees me; and, because he does, he will forever be my strong heart and my abundant portion.   My body may fail but never, never my God.

Passion - How He Loves (Live) ft. Crowder

No comments:

Post a Comment