Monday, August 10, 2015

Tumbling Tumbleweeds

It's late and I should be sleeping, but it seems I got my sleeping done in church this morning.  Sigh.  It was nice, though, to sit as one of three sisters in a pew today bookended by husbands (my husband keeping me upright).  It is true that a three cord strand is not easily broken, but it also helps to have a husband to keep me from breaking ranks.  I've been too inundated with all things nuclear throughout the day for various reasons, (that same husband wanting me to watch with him an old Hollywood film about the making of the atom bomb), so I'm now listening to my Sons of the Pioneers songs for a change of pace.  They surprised me, though, slipping in the song, "Old Man Atom."  Sigh, again.   It's good that The Sons of the Pioneers mostly sing the old cowboy songs, because sometimes you just want to be a tumbling tumbleweed.  


Roy Rogers & Sons Of The Pioneers - Tumbling Tumbleweeds

No comments:

Post a Comment