Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Story and My Song

Daniel 4:2 New International Version (NIV)
2 It is my pleasure to tell you about the miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me.

Acts 4:20 New King James Version (NKJV)
20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.”

This age of social media sites, texting and selfies encourage us to put ourselves on the throne of our lives and kick Jesus off.  Our very lives, given to us from God, become more about us and very little about Him.  Even the Christian songs we listen to on the radio emote about the things our Savior does for us.  (Does Jesus give us "an unforeseen kiss" or "a sloppy wet kiss?")  Still, I enjoy these relationship songs as much as anyone and am happy to worship on horizontal hold.  I'm glad to insulate myself with fellow Christians who brag about our faith being a relationship and not a religion. I identify as a life-style evangelist,  because I'm really both embarrassed and convicted by those who are openly about the work of winning souls to Christ. 

Those of us who still want to rescue the perishing, we really can.  All we have to do is tell our real story, the story of what Jesus and His love.  May Jesus be our only true story and song.

Big Daddy Weave - "My Story" (Official Music Video)


No comments:

Post a Comment