Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Trust In the Lord

Proverbs 3:5-6 New International Version (NIV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]

I suspect that God included Proverbs 3:5-6 in His Word, because He wanted to reinforce what goes against human nature: trust in God and not in ourselves.  It's such a simple request, trust and submit; still, if I were to look back on my life and count all the crooked paths I've taken, I'd be to embarrassed to repeat the total.   I am thankful that my loving Father turns me in the right direction when I finally wear myself out running down rabbit trails.  

The newest song I uploaded to my Youtube channel, "All Is Well," has had me thinking about the steady paths my grandfather walked.  As I remember, he was calm and sure, working hard but without wasted effort.  

Yes, Father, make my paths straight.

All Is Well - Ricky Skaggs & The Whites

No comments:

Post a Comment