Sunday, June 10, 2012

Let This God's Child Say Amen


2 Corinthians 1:10
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

Jesus keeps bringing me back to the word, Amen, probably because I find it so easy to say but so hard to live.  He challenges me to agree with what I find disagreeable.   I want to be comfortable when God never promised my comfort.  With a petulant spirit, I tell God that He can have things His way; when, of course, He can have it His way.   He is God!   He doesn't need my approval or agreement, but my genuine, heartfelt, "Amen!" is to His glory; and giving God glory, fulfills His purpose for me.  So I shall say, Amen and Amen and Amen.
"Amen" - Matt Papa


No comments:

Post a Comment