Sunday, June 3, 2012

Seattle Song



View From the Top of the Space Needle

2 Corinthians 2:14(NIV)
For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

Our Seattle outing is still much on my mind, and the physical pain that flares under a strenuous outing remains.  Still, it was a good day.   I don't like the way fibromyalgia and other physical issues limit me, but it teaches me accept small victories.   The needle was my Everest, as I discovered that a courtesy pass to avoid the lines going up didn't mean a pass on the lines going down, and I don't do well standing in lines.  The wait was excruciating, allowing me another  chance to share in the sufferings of Christ.  This is a good thing, I have to tell myself, when I think I've done more than my share.  My Jesus understands, though, and loves even the whiny me.    The pain he bore on the way to Calvary was nothing compared with my ascent of the Needle, still he bore it for me.
God is good.  He never left my side.
I like this Seattle Song by Jewel.  I was especially pleased with her reference to the Woodland Park Zoo as it invokes many pleasant memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment