Thursday, June 7, 2012

My God, My Daddy

Psalm 103:13
As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

It occurred to me today that I've been living as if God has quit being my Dad, He's still a Dad to everyone else, but He's given up on me.  He's  closed my account, locked up his storehouses, and removed my picture from his wallet.  One day someone will probably put a name to this feeling, probably Post-Foreclosure Syndrome; but, for now, it feels like child abandonment.   
But that's not my God!   My God is good!   He is truly good to me!  
He's my Daddy and always will be.
I must stop listening to the devil, the father of lies.
The late Whitney Houston sings the song she knew in part then but knows in full now, "Yes, Jesus Loves Me."



No comments:

Post a Comment