Friday, July 4, 2014

He Finished The Course

Louis Zampereni, Olympian, World War II Hero, Survivor, Christian
2 Timothy 4:6-8King James Version (KJV)

6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

I woke up this morning to learn that Louis Zampereni went home after 97 years of life here on this side of eternity.  I've been inspired by his life story, most recently told in the book, "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand.  A true American hero, he was unbroken in all things but for his need for a Savior.  Christ calls sinners.  Christ called Louis.  


No comments:

Post a Comment