Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Out of the Mud Onto the Rock

Psalm 40:1-3New International Version (NIV)
Psalm 40[a]
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
    and put their trust in him.

Isaiah 61:10New International Version (NIV)
10 I delight greatly in the Lord;
    my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
    and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
    and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

I pray that we who have left the miry clay for the solid rock will stay put.  To my shame I know that I can return to wallow in the mud, until my gracious Jesus once again lifts me out and washes me off.  Pigs wallow in the mud for a reason, regulating their body temperature and add a protective coat to their bodies.  We children of God are not pigs.   We are royalty in the Kingdom of our Lord.  May the only reason we have to visit the pit is to help others out of it.  
My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less - Deborah Liv Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment