Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What's On TV

Romans 12:2English Standard Version (ESV)
2 Do not be conformed to this world,[a] but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.[b]

Philippians 4:8English Standard Version (ESV)
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Just add a few more kids to this picture and it would look much like my family back in the day.  I grew up with television and still habitually watch it, even knowing there's much that isn't good on it.  I just looked up Bible verses that would pertain to television watching and I couldn't find one that justified it.  Sigh.  I do like TV.  My dad used to say that he didn't need a television guide because he had me.  He probably knew that I had already looked up everything that was on TV that night and selectively told him what to watch, leaving out shows I didn't want to watch.   These days I like watching "The Middle" and "Person of Interest," and because my husband likes it we also watch "Blue Bloods."    Most other shows are optional.  I write these things because we recently brought home a new TV.  Watching digital programming on an old analog TV wasn't so great and I was happy to upgrade.  It's amazing how much clearer things are, even things I shouldn't be watching.    I turned on a movie that was supposed to be good but had to turn it off because it was just too ugly, as it depicted sin without moral judgments.  I should never have turned it on in the first place.  Oh, be careful little eyes what you see.
Casting Crowns - Slow Fade

No comments:

Post a Comment