Monday, July 14, 2014

Still In the Fight

Proverbs 20:29English Standard Version (ESV)
29 The glory of young men is their strength,
    but the splendor of old men is their gray hair.

Philippians 1:6New International Version (NIV)
6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Tonight I am thankful for strong, young men and their ability to muscle a transmission out of a car, but I'm also thankful for my older, graying man, who was wise enough to hold the flashlight and dispense advice.  The young may glory in their strength but they don't have my old man's splendor.  I'll claim this verse for myself too.  I have gray hair, albeit colored, but it's all still there and it's mine.  I may not do more than shine a light, but I'll stay in the fight until God calls me home.  I'll look just splendid too.
Steve Green - He Who Began A Good Work In You [Official Music]

No comments:

Post a Comment