Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hard Times

John 21:18 New Living Translation (NLT)

18 “I tell you the truth, when you were young, you were able to do as you liked; you dressed yourself and went wherever you wanted to go. But when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and others[a] will dress you and take you where you don’t want to go.”

Yesterday I found myself home alone and unable to work the remote controls on the television and discovering another good use for men about the house.  I emailed the young man who's now living in a dorm (I haven't yet figured out how to text.) and he Skyped (Is Skyped a word?) me back.  With me pointing the camera on my tablet at the controls and the TV he did his best to help.  Then my husband walked in and together on Skype they got the TV working again.  Some day I will be telling small children how in my day we walked to the TV to change the channel and then prattle on to describe a channel knob with only thirteen choices and something called rabbit ears.  Hard times come again no more.
Mavis Staples - Hard Times Come Again No More (live in studio)

No comments:

Post a Comment