Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Lord is Near

Philippians 4:5 New International Version (NIV)
5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

Matthew 5:46 New Living Translation (NLT)
46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much.

The other morning while I was in bed, my cat walked across my closed right eye drawing blood with her claws, leaving me with a black eye.  She's an old cat, pushing 90 in cat years, suffering from dementia and capable of waking me up from a deep sleep with blood curdling cries.  Sigh.  She was so much easier to love when she was younger.  That's probably true for most of us, easier to love when we were cute and cuddly and harder when we're fast approaching our shelf life.  God tells me to be gentle with all and to love all without reciprocity.  So I will try.  We all need to love and to know love.  Jesus is near.

 So Close (Featuring TaTa Vega) - Jeremy Riddle 


No comments:

Post a Comment