Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Work Like a Dog, Work for The Master


Colossians 3:23 English Standard Version (ESV)
23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 English Standard Version (ESV)
10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. 11 For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies. 12 Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.[a]

Philippians 4:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

As much as I would like God to free shower me with cash to provide for my needs, He hasn't.  What He has done is provide me with a new position in my company which would give me much needed time on the clock.  I was told today that I have one more day of training before they turn me loose on the job.  That's good!  Now if I can only remember everything I've been taught that would be even better!  So prayers for my idling brain to get into high gear would be greatly appreciated; because I'm about to go out and work like a dog...but I do have a most excellent Master!


No comments:

Post a Comment