Monday, November 14, 2011

Just Like Dad

So what does a blogger do when she can't think of what to write about?   Write anyway?
 
If you look closely at this girl's paper you'll find she's drawing a picture of a frowning man with a funny hat.   Is he her portrait painter?   Her eyes look a little troubled like she'd rather be doing anything else than posing.   Christians pose too.   There's a face I show to others, the every thing's fine face,  and the face that God sees.   He knows my face so well, but still finds it beautiful, and I don't always know why He does.   What a confounding mystery the love of God is!   It was His love that sent Jesus to redeem me for Himself.  All the ugliness and filth has been washed clean by the blood of Jesus.  He has showered me with mercy and grace until all He sees is His dearly loved child.   I'm a child spit shined to perfection ready to be presented to my Heavenly Father.   Thank you, Jesus.

Ephesians 5:1, 2 (NIV):

1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.


Dad,   You could have been a cartoonist.   I was amazed by your talent!   Do you remember how you taught me to draw a cartoon lady?   Do you remember how I would draw them over and over trying to do it just like you?   I can remember filling the kitchen blackboard with lady after lady.   Then you'd come home from work and smile and tell me how good they were.   Every lady I drew was worth those moments of your approval.  Thanks, Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment