Monday, November 21, 2011

Storm Comin'

  
We're expecting a rain storm tonight, which is not unusual for Western Washington in November.  It was raining when I left for work this morning.   No longer enjoying the comforts of a garage, I thought longingly of my umbrella, in my car, stuck under my son's school project.   Oh, well.   I shrugged on a jacket and arrived at work a little wet.   When I commiserated with a coworker she said that she no longer carries an umbrella.   It's true enough that a visitor to town can be identified by the umbrella they carry.   The rest of us tend to live damp but unencumbered.    

Occasionally a person will comment on one of my youtube videos that a person can be moral and good without being a Christian.   It's a true enough, but can we ever really be good enough?  A Christian who understands even a bit of the goodness of God, will surely know just how short he falls.  How does one move and live without Jesus?  How does one even breathe without the grace of God?  I think forgiven is one of the most beautiful words known to man.  My God is good and great, strong and merciful.   Rain falls on all.   When the rain falls on God's children, umbrellas are optional.  



Isaiah 43: 1,2

1 But now, this is what the LORD says— 
   he who created you, Jacob, 
   he who formed you, Israel: 
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; 
   I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 
2 When you pass through the waters, 
   I will be with you; 
and when you pass through the rivers, 
   they will not sweep over you. 
When you walk through the fire, 
   you will not be burned; 
   the flames will not set you ablaze. 

Storm Comin' - The Wailin' Jennys




No comments:

Post a Comment