Sunday, January 29, 2012

Measure of A Life

There was a moment today when my own nearly grown child took my breath away.  It's one of the pleasures of parenting.   On another day there was another moment when I saw my special-needs great nephew walking unaided.  I've just read that Republican presidential hopeful, Rick Santorum, has had to cancel his plans in Florida to be with his hospitalized daughter, a child born with a genetic disorder, Trisomy 18.  She is now in my prayers.  I do think Jesus cares more about the needs of a sick child than about who is ahead in a presidential race.  Since we have a God who loves children, so should we love them.  His own words are recorded in Matthew 19:14:

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."


Keep You Safe - JJ Heller

No comments:

Post a Comment