Saturday, January 21, 2012

Two Crowns


Two Crowns by Sir Frank Dicksee

I've seen this romanticized image of a victorious king many times on photobucket without ever really seeing it.   It wasn't until today that I saw the dark image of the crucifix; and it's no wonder because I'm probably more self-centered than my cat.  All that I have is because of that crown of thorns.  In this age of social networks, where I try so hard to be cooler than I am on the internet,  I must never forget the grace of God.  It is only by the blood of Jesus shed for my sins that I am able to dare enter the throne room of God.   To God be the glory.

Galatians 6:14 (NIV)
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Revelations 4:10,11 (NIV)
10the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:


11“You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”

Hosanna - Phil Driscoll




No comments:

Post a Comment