Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Savior, Not Superman




A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.
-----Proverbs 15:13 (New International Version)

All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast.
-----Proverbs 15:15 (New International Version)

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.
-----Proverbs 15:30 (New International Version)

I admit it.  I haven't been a happy camper this week.   I've likely perceived injustice where none existed.  I've fought for rights that I don't really have.   I've wanted truth, justice, and the American way, when I'm certainly not Superman, not even Lois Lane.   Sigh.   Why do I demand justice in an unjust world?  Why do I believe I deserve better than my Jesus, who suffered the injustice of the cross for me?  It's almost as if I expect Jesus to be an American  John Wayne sort of guy, and am appalled when He leaves the bad guys standing.  I don't need Superman when I have a Savior.  I don't need a cowboy when I have a Shepherd, who lovingly cares for me, his sometimes argumentative, sometimes wandering sheep.  
My grumpy face is not a pretty face, not pretty at all.  I am a daughter of grace, forgiven, redeemed.  Others should be able to look at me what grace looks like.  

 33Miles - "What Grace Looks Like."


No comments:

Post a Comment